August 24, 2014
The Darul Islah Executive Committee’s term is expiring this year. Pursuant to the Article VII, Section B, Item 3, the Board of Trustees of Darul Islah in meeting on 6/22/2014 has appointed the following members of the community as the Election Committee
1. Br. Mohammed Ali Makandar
2. Br. Adnan Chowdhary
3. Br. Syed Amir Abdali
The following members of the community will assist the Election committee
1. Sr. Anjum Toor
2. Sr. Rubina Saba
3. Br. Aslam Choudhary
The elections for the Executive Committee have been scheduled on Sunday, December 7th, 2014. Further communication on will be from the election committee in due course.
The Board of Trustees has also decided on the following deadlines for membership. This is to facilitate the preparations needed for the elections.
1. New Membership Applications – Membership applications received until 9/12/14 will be eligible to vote in this election. They will not be eligible to contest in the elections as per the constitution. Applications received after this date will not be eligible to vote in this election.
2. All membership dues must be cleared by 10/15/14, for a member to vote and/or contest in the election this year.
Darul Islah Board of Trustees
Soon after getting the approval for the expansion in July of 2008, the ground breaking ceremony was held on August 1, 2008. The foundation including the pile and the concrete slab was completed by February 2009.
In March 2009 the property at 318 Fabry Terrace was purchased by Darul Islah which provided an opportunity to merge the property and go for a bigger building. We went back to the drawing board and expanded the project by about 1.6 times the originally approved size. The revised plan was approved by the Township in November of 2010.
Alhamdulillah with the help of generous donation from the community members the new building is almost complete leaving with the outside work and work is in the existing building. The estimated cost for the remaining work is as follows:
• Remaining Work in the existing building – $30,000
• Outside work (sidewalk, steps, platform of existing entrances) – $65,000
• Exterior Doors (Five) – $50,000
• Parking lot paving – $30,000
• Sunshade – $30,000
• Front gate and railing – $20,000
• Back and side fence – $5,000
• Kitchen Appliance – $15,000
TOTAL ESTIMATED FUNDS TO COMPLETE THE PROJECT = $245,000
Dear Community Member
We encourage members with concerns about 2013 donation acknowledgement letters to contact our official book-keeper Br Umar Hayat Khan with relevant data or check amounts etc. His office timings are from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. You can also book an appointment with him by calling at 201 692 7730.
Also whenever you donate it will be prudent to get a receipt from me or Br Umar.
Please visit darulislah.org/academy for more information and registration.
Sister Magda Ibrahim, a scholar in Qirat, Tajweed & Islamic Studies who did her graduation and Ijaaza from Al-Azhar University will be starting a sister’s class from April 18th in Darul Islah. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201 394 0502.
At Darul Islah we have a short talk after Isha Salah by these brothers.
Monday Br Nihal Khan
Tuesday Br Moutaz Charaf
Wednesday Br Dr Shahid Nasar
Thursday Br Masood Ranginwala