Establish a vibrant Islamic community by promoting brotherhood/sisterhood and understanding with formal and informal dialogue while developing volunteerism, teamwork, education, leadership, religious and social service programs through transparency and consultation with community members.
Eid Committee has announced that there was no news of any authentic moonsighting on Wednesday September 24, 2014, so the first of the month of DhulHijjah 1435 Hijri will be Friday September 26, which will make Sunday October 5th the 10th of DhulHijjah. Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated on Sunday, October 5th, 2014. Information on Eid prayer will be provided as it is made available.
August 24, 2014
The Darul Islah Executive Committee’s term is expiring this year. Pursuant to the Article VII, Section B, Item 3, the Board of Trustees of Darul Islah in meeting on 6/22/2014 has appointed the following members of the community as the Election Committee
1. Br. Mohammed Ali Makandar
2. Br. Adnan Chowdhary
3. Br. Syed Amir Abdali
The following members of the community will assist the Election committee
1. Sr. Anjum Toor
2. Sr. Rubina Saba
3. Br. Aslam Choudhary
The elections for the Executive Committee have been scheduled on Sunday, December 7th, 2014. Further communication on will be from the election committee in due course.
The Board of Trustees has also decided on the following deadlines for membership. This is to facilitate the preparations needed for the elections.
1. New Membership Applications – Membership applications received until 9/12/14 will be eligible to vote in this election. They will not be eligible to contest in the elections as per the constitution. Applications received after this date will not be eligible to vote in this election.
2. All membership dues must be cleared by 10/15/14, for a member to vote and/or contest in the election this year.
Darul Islah Board of Trustees
Soon after getting the approval for the expansion in July of 2008, the ground breaking ceremony was held on August 1, 2008. The foundation including the pile and the concrete slab was completed by February 2009.
In March 2009 the property at 318 Fabry Terrace was purchased by Darul Islah which provided an opportunity to merge the property and go for a bigger building. We went back to the drawing board and expanded the project by about 1.6 times the originally approved size. The revised plan was approved by the Township in November of 2010.
Alhamdulillah with the help of generous donation from the community members the new building is almost complete leaving with the outside work and work is in the existing building. The estimated cost for the remaining work is as follows:
• Remaining Work in the existing building – $30,000
• Outside work (sidewalk, steps, platform of existing entrances) – $65,000
• Exterior Doors (Five) – $50,000
• Parking lot paving – $30,000
• Sunshade – $30,000
• Front gate and railing – $20,000
• Back and side fence – $5,000
• Kitchen Appliance – $15,000
TOTAL ESTIMATED FUNDS TO COMPLETE THE PROJECT = $245,000